Fall Welcome Leaders
Fall Welcome is a series of events taking place August 15-19, 2018. Fall Welcome Leaders will lead a group of 25 students through various events ranging from large concerts and spirit rallies on Faurot to dodgeball tournaments and crafternoons. We are seeking 150 of the top student leaders to help us welcome all incoming MU students to campus. Training will take place on August 14 and events will take place August 15-19. Any returning MU student is eligible to become a Fall Welcome Leader, including graduate/professional students. Contact Bryan Goers at email@example.com for any questions.
Nomination/Application Form: https://orgsync.com/98465/forms/319282
• Fall Welcome Leaders will have a chance to talk about their favorite student organizations, offices, and programs on campus. This will help organizations and offices recruit new students.
• Lunch and dinner will be provided to leaders on August 14-19.
• Every Leader will receive a Fall Welcome Leader shirt for each Fall Welcome day.
• Any student returning to live on campus will be eligible to move in early (on Aug 12th) without charge.
• Each Leader will get to participate in a TBA fun activity during training.
• Every Leader will be invited to a Thank You Reception after Fall Welcome.
• Fall Welcome Leaders will be serving the students who are coming to our campus. They will help launch every new Tiger’s college career and set them up for success at MU.
• Attend a full day (9am – 9pm) training/orientation on August 14 (lunch and dinner will be provided)
• Be available from 10am to 10pm on August 15-19 (lunch and dinner will be provided)
• Create a welcoming environment for incoming Mizzou students the week before school starts
• Provide support to students and guests during Move-In (August 15)
• Lead groups of 20-25 new students through a full schedule of events August 16-19
• Keep 20-25 students engaged in the group for 4 days
• Create signs, decorations, and publicity for Fall Welcome activities
• Serve as a friendly role-model for students
• Abide by and reinforce University policies
• Answer fundamental questions about MU campus services, facilities, and activities
• Be prompt, prepared, and positive. Keep staff informed of special circumstances